List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nico Sabbi Date:April 28 2009 2:04pm
Subject:Extremely slow access to information_schema
View as plain text
Hi,
in Mysql 5.0 accessing information_schema.tables means almost
certainly dropping down the DBMS.
With my configuration

412 databases
357417 grants

every query to information_schema.tables takes minutes, while the
equivalent show tables from... (that I can't absolutely use)
is immediate.

Is there anything that I can do to speed it up?

Thanks,
	Nico

Thread
Extremely slow access to information_schemaNico Sabbi28 Apr
  • RE: Extremely slow access to information_schemaRolando Edwards28 Apr
    • Re: Extremely slow access to information_schemaBaron Schwartz28 Apr
      • Re: Extremely slow access to information_schemaNico Sabbi28 Apr