List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Date:April 28 2009 9:44am
Subject:RE: 1135: Can't create a new thread (errno 35); if you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug
View as plain text
I happen to run the exact same MySQL version + OS version (although I'm
doing a huge upgrade to 5.1.34 today), and I have not experienced any such
issues. Granted, I only get ~60 queries/s, so your traffic is probably
much higer.

At any rate, the first place I'd look is for open files limit (and
'sysctl' it to higher if it's not sufficient). I'm always amazed how much
open files MySQL keeps. The amount of files MySQL reserves, way I recall,
is also directly related to max. connections; so you could lower that too,
temporarily, to see if it makes the error go away.

- Mark