List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Date:April 20 2009 9:09pm
Subject:RE: A good US Hosting Site?
View as plain text
-----Original Message-----
From: Claudio Nanni [mailto:claudio.nanni@stripped]
Sent: maandag 20 april 2009 22:29
To: Mark
Cc: mysql@stripped

> Mark wrote:

> > Yeah, but a "Maximum file size limit 500 KB," what can you do with
> > that?? Your average background image is bigger! Not to mention my
> > MySQL
>
> really? you use background images bigger than 500kb? lucky if you
> get a second visit! mysql database of course has nothing to do with
> that limit.

Yes, really. :) Besides, it's not just images, also all kinds of data
files, like .swf and such: 500KB is just ridiculously small. I have a
client here with an elegant photo gallery, and a quick 'find' shows that
13% of all its files are > 500KB.

Fortunately, it seems that absurd limit just exists for the free hosting.
So, I may consider them after all, as there's no such thing as a free
lunch, and their paid plans seem very reasonable.

And, indeed, looks like their MySQL databases were never included in
said limit to begin with.

- Mark

Thread
A good US Hosting Site?Cameron Rogers20 Apr
  • Re: A good US Hosting Site?Chaim Rieger20 Apr
  • Re: A good US Hosting Site?Daniel Brown20 Apr
Re: A good US Hosting Site?Pete Wilson20 Apr
  • Re: A good US Hosting Site?Claudio Nanni20 Apr
    • RE: A good US Hosting Site?Mark20 Apr
      • Re: A good US Hosting Site?Claudio Nanni20 Apr
        • RE: A good US Hosting Site?Mark20 Apr
          • Re: A good US Hosting Site?David Giragosian20 Apr
          • Re: A good US Hosting Site?Claudio Nanni20 Apr
            • RE: A good US Hosting Site?Mark20 Apr
      • Re: A good US Hosting Site?John Meyer20 Apr
      • Re: A good US Hosting Site?PJ20 Apr
RE: A good US Hosting Site?Mark21 Apr