List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael.Coll-Barth Date:April 20 2009 5:02pm
Subject:RE: Sun bought by Oracle
View as plain text

> From: Peter Brawley [mailto:peter.brawley@stripped]
>
> An optimist wrote that. A pessimist, Larry Dignan at
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=16598&tag=nl.e539, wrote point six:
>
> "Oracle gets to kill MySQL. There's no way Ellison will let that
> open source database mess with the margins of his database.
> MySQL at best will wither from neglect. In any case, MySQL
> is MyToast."
>
> We ought to know who's right within half a year.

Is MySQL not Open Source?  Heck, I'd love to help with that.  We would
just have to change the name to something befitting the product.  MySQL
still tickles my MS warning alerts; My Pictures, My Music, My Videos,
etc.  How about 'GNO', pronounced like 'Know', stands for "GNO's Not
Oracle"?

product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure.  If the reader
copies and backups thereof.  Thank you.

Thread
Sun bought by OracleAndy Shellam20 Apr
  • Re: Sun bought by OracleKrishna Chandra Prajapati20 Apr
    • Re: Sun bought by OracleAndy Smith20 Apr
      • Re: Sun bought by Oraclemos20 Apr
        • I thin'k MySQL will be the 'Oracle Personal Edition'José I .  Merino22 Apr
          • Re: I thin'k MySQL will be the 'Oracle Personal Edition'Thomas Pundt22 Apr
            • Re: I thin'k MySQL will be the 'Oracle Personal Edition'Arthur Fuller22 Apr
            • Re: I thin'k MySQL will be the 'Oracle Personal Edition'Lin Chun22 Apr
    • Re: Sun bought by Oraclemos20 Apr
  • Re: Sun bought by OracleCurtis Maurand20 Apr
    • Re: Sun bought by OracleArthur Fuller20 Apr
      • Re: Sun bought by OraclePeter Brawley20 Apr
  • Re: Sun bought by Oraclerussbucket21 Apr
    • Re: Sun bought by OracleArthur Fuller21 Apr
      • RE: Sun bought by OracleJoshua Gordon21 Apr
        • Two "COUNT"s in one queryNigel Peck21 Apr
          • Re: Two "COUNT"s in one queryPeter Brawley21 Apr
            • Re: Two "COUNT"s in one queryNigel Peck23 Apr
              • Totalling Counts done in SubqueriesNigel Peck30 Apr
                • Re: Totalling Counts done in SubqueriesPeter Brawley30 Apr
                  • Re: Totalling Counts done in Subqueriesnigel wood30 Apr
RE: Sun bought by OracleMichael.Coll-Barth20 Apr
Re: Sun bought by OracleEric Bergen20 Apr
  • Re: Sun bought by OracleJohn Meyer20 Apr
    • Re: Sun bought by OracleKaushal Shriyan20 Apr
      • Re: Sun bought by OracleJohn Meyer20 Apr
        • Re: Sun bought by OracleManish Gupta21 Apr
          • Re: Sun bought by OracleMoon's Father21 Apr
  • Re: Sun bought by OracleClaudio Nanni20 Apr
    • Re: Sun bought by OracleMichael Backhaus20 Apr
Re: Totalling Counts done in SubqueriesNigel Peck30 Apr