List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel Brown Date:April 20 2009 1:34pm
Subject:Re: A good US Hosting Site?
View as plain text
On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 23:42, Cameron Rogers <cameronlise@stripped> wrote:
> Hi everyone.  I am starting my first web site.  I have a temporary contract
> with godaddy but know there are better options out there.   The only problem
> is, I don't know reliable sources to research which hosting program to use.
> Any recommendations on a hosting sight or some good resources to find a
> hosting site.  I need a hosting site that allows me to:
> 1.  Use PHP/MYSQL
> 2.  Send 1000 + emails a day   <-- the mail function has been my greatest
> limitation with godaddy

    Actually, Cam, you can just contact GoDaddy to lift the limit,
depending on your arrangement.  Their dedicated servers had a limit of
3,000 emails per month, at least as recent as 2007, and all that was
required was sending them a request and agreeing to a statement that
said you would not send SPAM.  There are probably other reasons why
not to use them, but if that was your biggest issue, it's one that may
well be easy to fix.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
daniel.brown@stripped || danbrown@stripped
      • Re: A good US Hosting Site?Claudio Nanni20 Apr
        • RE: A good US Hosting Site?Mark20 Apr
          • Re: A good US Hosting Site?David Giragosian20 Apr
          • Re: A good US Hosting Site?Claudio Nanni20 Apr
            • RE: A good US Hosting Site?Mark20 Apr
      • Re: A good US Hosting Site?John Meyer20 Apr
      • Re: A good US Hosting Site?PJ20 Apr
RE: A good US Hosting Site?Mark21 Apr