List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nico Sabbi Date:April 15 2009 1:10pm
Subject:Shutdown time
View as plain text
Hi,
after many years that I've been using mysql (with almost all Innodb
tables) I still can't make myself a reason of the unbearably long
shutdown times: almost everytime it takes at least 4 minutes to stop
completely and to kill the process; sometimes I even had to kill -9
mysqld.

Currently I'm running 150 databases, 12415 tables 1694 users
and 173682 grants.

The servers are configured to use 1GB of innodb_buffer_pool_size,
innodb_log_buffer_size =8M
innodb_log_file_size  =5M
out of 4 GB available. Both run on hardware scsi raid.

What does the shutdown times depend on, and how can I reduce it?

Thanks,
	Nico
Thread
Shutdown timeNico Sabbi15 Apr