List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:April 13 2009 2:53pm
Subject:RE: MySQL runs on 16-cores server
View as plain text
Sorry for top-posting, but this is getting unwieldy.

The problems with hardware in multiprocessor systems have been dealt with
long since, assuming that Intel, AMD, et al have implemented the solutions.
Ten years ago and more, I worked with machines capable of 128 processors and
they seemed to work okay.

Of course, there was a price difference. :<)

As others said, the major bottlenecks are likely to be internal (to the DB)
locking and disk access speed.

Regards,
Jerry Schwartz
195 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06032
860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341
www.the-infoshop.com
www.giiexpress.com
www.etudes-marche.com

Thread
MySQL runs on 16-cores serverMoon's Father10 Apr
  • Re: MySQL runs on 16-cores serverUwe Kiewel10 Apr
    • Re: MySQL runs on 16-cores serverWm Mussatto10 Apr
      • Re: MySQL runs on 16-cores serverAndrew Garner10 Apr
    • Re: MySQL runs on 16-cores serverMoon's Father11 Apr
      • Re: MySQL runs on 16-cores servermos11 Apr
      • Re: MySQL runs on 16-cores serverUwe Kiewel11 Apr
  • Re: MySQL runs on 16-cores servermos10 Apr
    • Re: MySQL runs on 16-cores serverAndy Smith11 Apr
      • Re: MySQL runs on 16-cores serverBaron Schwartz11 Apr
        • Re: Re: MySQL runs on 16-cores serverKen Jacobs11 Apr
        • Re: MySQL runs on 16-cores serverDavid Sparks14 Apr
          • Re: MySQL runs on 16-cores serverBaron Schwartz14 Apr
      • Re: MySQL runs on 16-cores servermos11 Apr
        • RE: MySQL runs on 16-cores serverJerry Schwartz13 Apr
          • RE: MySQL runs on 16-cores servermos13 Apr
            • Re: MySQL runs on 16-cores serverBaron Schwartz13 Apr
              • Re: MySQL runs on 16-cores servermos14 Apr
                • Re: MySQL runs on 16-cores serverBaron Schwartz14 Apr
                  • RE: MySQL runs on 16-cores serverMark14 Apr
            • find records with only numbersEd Reed13 Apr
              • Re: find records with only numbersClaudio Nanni13 Apr
              • Re: find records with only numbersPinter Tibor13 Apr
                • Re: find records with only numbersClaudio Nanni13 Apr
            • RE: MySQL runs on 16-cores serverWm Mussatto13 Apr
    • Re: MySQL runs on 16-cores serverMoon's Father16 Apr
  • RE: MySQL runs on 16-cores servergenie.japo15 Apr