List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:abdulazeez alugo Date:April 10 2009 10:28am
Subject:RE: auto_increment Issue
View as plain text

> Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 15:55:33 +0530
> From: jnaneshwar.bantanur@stripped
> To: orasnita@stripped
> CC: defatigue@stripped; mysql@stripped
> Subject: Re: auto_increment Issue
>
> Hi
>
> While trying for the same,I am getting the following error
>
> Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it
> must be defined as a key
>
> Jnani
>

> > Hi Jnani,
> >
> > Assuming your table name is tbl and the field for the auto_increment is
> > id, just write:
> >

> > ALTER TABLE tbl CHANGE id id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
> >

> > I hope that helps.
> >
> > Cheers.
> >

> > Alugo Abdulazeez.

Oh sorry!

it should be ALTER TABLE tbl CHANGE id id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY
AUTO_INCREMENT;

I hope this helps unless you have a column already defined as auto_increment in the same
table.

Cheers.

http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx
Thread
auto_increment IssueJnaneshwar Bantanur10 Apr
  • RE: auto_increment Issueabdulazeez alugo10 Apr
Re: auto_increment IssueJnaneshwar Bantanur10 Apr