List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Read Date:April 21 1999 11:45am
Subject:Re: bc math support in MySQL?
View as plain text
Jules Bean wrote:
> A neater approach than BCD (which is just silly) would be a
> data type which is fixed point, you specify the denominator.
> So, if you are dealing with currency, you might want 4 decimal
> places, so set the denominator to 10000.

Being a Brit you should really be aware of the EU directives.
Software has been required to store all monetary values to AT
LEAST six decimal places since 01/01/1999.

Accordingly, our billing database uses a multiplier [divisor]
of 1,000,000...

<Off Topic>
Don't you just *love* the EU?
</Off Topic>
--

If it ain't opinionated, it ain't Rich Teer.
Thread
      • Re: bc math support in MySQL?Tobias Rischer21 Apr
    • Re: bc math support in MySQL?Tobias Rischer21 Apr
      • Re: bc math support in MySQL?Jules Bean21 Apr
    • Re: bc math support in MySQL?Fred Read21 Apr
Re: bc math support in MySQL?jkraai20 Apr