List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:April 6 2009 8:03am
Subject:Re: One to many relationship
View as plain text
Hi,

>I'm trying to design a relational database where two tables link to each
>other through unique id sa below
>Table 1
>table1_id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO INCREMENT,
>entrydate TIMESTAMP
>
>Table2
>table2_id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
>table1_id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
>entrydate TIMESTAMP,
>
>Sorry. The above is just a rough sketch of what I have here and I hope you
>understand what I'm trying to portray but the value of >table1_id inside
>table2 keeps returning the value 0 thereby it doesn't correspond with any
>value in table1_id in table1.
>Please I need help on this issue.
>Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response.

Are you actually -filling in- the "table1_id" in "table2"? If not, do you
think
it will magically appear with the right value from "table1"? How should
that happen?

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Download FREE Database Workbench Lite for MySQL!

Database questions? Check the forum:
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
One to many relationshipabdulazeez alugo5 Apr
  • Re: One to many relationshipMartijn Tonies6 Apr
  • Re: One to many relationshipPeter Brawley6 Apr
    • RE: One to many relationshipabdulazeez alugo7 Apr