List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:abdulazeez alugo Date:April 5 2009 9:02pm
Subject:One to many relationship
View as plain text

Hello all,
I'm trying to design a relational database where two tables link to each other through
unique id sa below
Table 1
table1_id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO INCREMENT,
entrydate TIMESTAMP

Table2
table2_id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
table1_id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
entrydate TIMESTAMP,

Sorry. The above is just a rough sketch of what I have here and I hope you understand what
I'm trying to portray but the value of table1_id inside table2 keeps returning the value 0
thereby it doesn't correspond with any value in table1_id in table1.
Please I need help on this issue.
Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response.

One to many relationshipabdulazeez alugo5 Apr
  • Re: One to many relationshipMartijn Tonies6 Apr
  • Re: One to many relationshipPeter Brawley6 Apr
    • RE: One to many relationshipabdulazeez alugo7 Apr