List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:April 5 2009 5:50pm
Subject:Re: Are equi-joins faster than left joins?
View as plain text

>I have 3 tables that are 1:1 and will always have a row for a given
>product,_code & date. If I want to join them together, is it going to be
>faster to use an equi join or a left join, or does it matter?

Who cares, they are -different- things symantically, use the correct type of
join for your data and resultset. "Speed" is an implementation issue, a
physical property.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Database questions? Check the forum:
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
Are equi-joins faster than left joins?mos3 Apr
  • Re: Are equi-joins faster than left joins?Arthur Fuller4 Apr
  • Re: Are equi-joins faster than left joins?Rob Wultsch5 Apr
  • Re: Are equi-joins faster than left joins?Martijn Tonies5 Apr