List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Arthur Fuller Date:April 4 2009 4:17pm
Subject:Re: Are equi-joins faster than left joins?
View as plain text
IIRC it does not matter. But you can double-check my opinion with EXPLAIN.

A.

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 11:41 AM, mos <mos99@stripped> wrote:

> I have 3 tables that are 1:1 and will always have a row for a given
> product,_code & date. If I want to join them together, is it going to be
> faster to use an equi join or a left join, or does it matter?
>
> TIA
> Mike

Thread
Are equi-joins faster than left joins?mos3 Apr
  • Re: Are equi-joins faster than left joins?Arthur Fuller4 Apr
  • Re: Are equi-joins faster than left joins?Rob Wultsch5 Apr
  • Re: Are equi-joins faster than left joins?Martijn Tonies5 Apr