List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:kabel Date:March 31 2009 2:56pm
Subject:Annoying .mysql_history problem
View as plain text
Using MySQL 5.0.67 on OpenSolaris 2008.11, whenever I hit Ctrl-C to
terminate a long-running test query, it hangs while it kills the thread.
  No problem here.  If I accidentally (or impatiently) hit Ctrl-C again,
it terminates the MySQL CLI.  Again, no problem here.  What's getting me
is that on Ubuntu, everything up to that point was still written to
.mysql_history, while on OSol it only goes back as far as my last clean
exit.

Is there any way to get the Ubuntu behavior?  I know the easy answer is
"Don't use Ctrl-C, you hack" but I'd kind of like the .mysql_history to
be written as I go.

Thanks for any pointers,

kabel

Thread
Annoying .mysql_history problemkabel31 Mar
  • RE: Annoying .mysql_history problemAndrew Braithwaite3 Apr