List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Claudio Nanni Date:March 26 2009 9:17pm
Subject:Re: Replication Issues
View as plain text
Hi Dirk,
it seems that the information about binary files on the master contained
in the mysql-bin.index does not match the actual files on the disk.
The first two log messages are just info on the slave starting the two
replication threads,
 the other two seem to be a message coming from the master which says "I
can't find the binary log file!"
check the content of the index file and check the binary log files
actually present on the master.

Cheers
Claudio

Dirk Bremer wrote:
> We recently completed a project where all of our production servers were
> replaced. As part of this project, one of the new servers acted as a
> replication-slave to one of the old servers, which was the
> replication-master. I had replication up and running just fine on
> multiple slaves for a couple of years. Last weekend I moved all
> functionality from the old server to the new server so that the new
> server is now setup at the replication-master. I am trying to setup
> replication-slaves on some of the other new servers and have run into
> problems doing so.
>

> In the my.ini for the master, there is:
>

> [mysqld]
>
> log-error=D:\Logs\mysql_error.log
>
> log-warnings
>
> server-id=1
>
> lower_case_table_names=2
>
> log-bin=D:\Logs\mysql-bin.log
>
> tmpdir=D:/Temp
>

> The master is creating the binary-log and index. There is a replication
> account setup on the master called "replication".
>

> The slave is creating a relay-log and index, has what appears to be
> correct master.info and relay-log.info files. When I start the slave I
> get the following in the error log:
>

> 090325  9:03:30 [Note] Slave SQL thread initialized, starting
> replication in log 'mysql_bin.000004' at position 10120038, relay log
> '.\AMSCD2-relay-bin.000002' position: 4
>
> 090325  9:03:30 [Note] Slave I/O thread: connected to master
> 'replication@amstcop:3306',  replication started in log
> 'mysql_bin.000004' at position 10120038
>
> 090325  9:03:30 [ERROR] Error reading packet from server: Could not find
> first log file name in binary log index file (server_errno=1236)
>
> 090325  9:03:30 [ERROR] Got fatal error 1236: 'Could not find first log
> file name in binary log index file' from master when reading data from
> binary log
>

> I'm sure that I've overlooked something, well, stupid, but have
> struggled with it the last few days to no avail. All servers are using
> the same version of 4.1.22-community-nt.
>

> I feel a bit naked without the replication so your assistance in helping
> me getting it up and running will be very appreciated.
>

> Dirk Bremer - Senior Systems Engineer - Utility - AMS
>
> NISC Lake St. Louis MO - USA Central Time Zone
>
> 636-755-2652 fax 636-755-2502
>
> dirk.bremer@stripped www.nisc.coop

Thread
Replication IssuesDirk Bremer26 Mar
  • Re: Replication IssuesWalter Heck - OlinData.com26 Mar
  • Re: Replication IssuesClaudio Nanni26 Mar
    • RE: Replication IssuesDirk Bremer26 Mar
      • Re: Replication IssuesJohnny Withers27 Mar
        • RE: Replication IssuesDirk Bremer27 Mar