List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:March 26 2009 3:06pm
Subject:Re: A problem relative ibdata1
View as plain text
In the last episode (Mar 26), Riccardo Michele Filippone said:
> Hello! First of all sorry for my terrible english.
>
> Well I've a big problem with ibdata1, this damn file increase its size
> constantly.
>
> I tryed to use innodb_file_per_table... but:
>
> - MySQL create a lot of ibd files for all DB (correct)
> - ibdata1 is however created and increase its size...
>
> how can I prevent the creation of this file (ibdata1)?

The main cause of ibdata1 growth when using innodb_file_per_table is large
transactions.  InnoDB rollback data is stored in ibdata1.  To minimize the
size of ibdata1, try to commit frequently when doing table loads or other
operations that might change a lot of data in a single transaction.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped