List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carl Date:March 25 2009 12:42pm
Subject:Re: <Solved> Select query locks tables in Innodb
View as plain text
Just to close this off.

Baron was correct in that the core problem was a bug in MySQL (I was using
version 5.0.37.)  There are some references to this bug in the MySQL bug
stuff but they claim to have eliminated it in 5.0.30... apparently not.

I ungraded to version 5.1.32 and the original problem disappeared and the
selects behave as one would expect.

Many thanks to all who offered advice.

Carl