List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:March 24 2009 2:21pm
Subject:Re: Database Import from Oracle
View as plain text
At 06:28 AM 3/24/2009, you wrote:

>Hello @all.
>
>I`ve got the question how mysql will have to be set up, that it can handle
>round about 7.000.000 records most efficiently.
>
>What do you think about the the hard and software requirements in order to
>match the best combination?
>
>The data will come from oracle, so it would be interessting to, how I will
>have to import the data. Does this work once, or will I have to divide the
>data in several parts for import?
>

>Best Greetings,
>
>Frank

Frank,
      The fastest way to import data from Oracle would be as a CSV file and
then use Load Data Infile to import the data into MySQL. 7 million records
should load in a couple of minutes. Make sure you confirm the row counts
are equal after you have imported the data.

Mike

Thread
Database Import from Oraclefrank fischer24 Mar
  • Re: Database Import from Oraclemos24 Mar
    • Re: Database Import from OracleBruno B . B . Magalhaes24 Mar