List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:March 24 2009 11:49am
Subject:Re: if there're a tool which can replace mysql-proxy?
View as plain text
There are a couple of other proxies, including Dormando's proxy.  But
none of them is an official release.

You should tell your customer that mysql-proxy is a core part of MySQL
Enterprise.  Its alpha status means that it is subject to change (as
they develop MySQL Enterprise they may discover different features
they don't foresee now).  The alpha status doesn't mean it is unstable
or poor quality, it is used in production in thousands of major
installations.

--
Baron Schwartz, Director of Consulting, Percona Inc.
Our Blog: http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/