I'm planning to upgrade my current mysql 5.1.22 to mysql 5.1.32. I
did some experiments, which imply that if
several steps taken, mysqlcheck & mysql_upgrade will have no more complain:
1. first build a mysql-5.1.32 using source
2. copy the whole "var" directory to mysql-5.1.32
3. start the 5.1.32 server
4. run mysql_upgrade, and see some complain about "repaire table"
5. manually drop all varchar, non-primary index on the complained
table ( the index is either varchar or int )
6. manually drop all triggers.
7. run mysql_upgrade & mysqlcheck, no more complain
8. rebuild all the index and triggers
So, Is it a complete upgrade NOW?
|• safe enough if mysqlcheck has no more complain?||Cui Shijun||23 Mar|