List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Gainty Date:March 22 2009 4:13pm
Subject:RE: why is this happening?
View as plain text
Jim

can you verify the process is quiesced from MySQL (master)
mysql>SHOW PROCESSLIST

?
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
This message is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
we kindly ask you to  please inform the sender. Any unauthorised dissemination or copying
hereof is prohibited. This message serves for information purposes only and shall not
have any legally binding effect. Given that e-mails can easily be subject to
manipulation, we can not accept any liability for the content provided.

> Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 08:57:11 -0500
> Subject: Re: why is this happening?
> From: jlyons4435@stripped
> To: claudio.nanni@stripped
> CC: mysql@stripped
>
> No, there's only one mysqld process running.   Thanks, tho.
>
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Claudio Nanni <claudio.nanni@stripped>wrote:
>
> > I am afraid you have two mysql instances up on the same host.
> >
> > ps -ef | grep mysql ?
> >

> > Claudio
> >

> > Jim Lyons wrote:
> >
> >> I have a rather odd problem with a replication slave.
> >>
> >> The slave has been down for a number of hours.  Of course, both io and sql
> >> threads are stopped - from SHOW SLAVE STATUS:
> >>
> >>           Slave_IO_Running: No
> >>          Slave_SQL_Running: No
> >>

> >> However, the relay logs are still being written to.  I was under the
> >> impression that the slave's io thread was what brought data from the
> >> master's bin log to the slave's relay log.  With the io thread stopped,
> >> the
> >> relay logs should stop filling up - right?  Mine are definitely filling
> >> up.
> >>

> >> Does anyonee know why the relay logs keep filling up after replication has
> >> broken?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>

> --
> Jim Lyons
> Web developer / Database administrator
> http://www.weblyons.com

why is this happening?Jim Lyons19 Mar
  • Re: why is this happening?David Giragosian19 Mar
  • RE: why is this happening?Martin Gainty19 Mar
  • Re: why is this happening?Claudio Nanni19 Mar
    • Re: why is this happening?Jim Lyons21 Mar
      • RE: why is this happening?Martin Gainty22 Mar