List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:samk Date:March 22 2009 2:02am
Subject:Upgrading MySQL from 5.0 to 5.1
View as plain text
See Thread at: http://www.techienuggets.com/Detail?tx=78654 Posted on behalf of a User

This has proved to be quite challenging. I wasn't able to do the upgrade and basically
created another instance of 5.1 and took a backup of my database from 5.0 and restored it
to 5.1. Then added all my users, etc. There's got to be a better way?

I couldn't figure out how to get the new version 5.1 to see the file system (containing
the database) that was in use by 5.0. I looked at all the documents and nowhere (or at
least I couldn't see it) does it talk about upgrading the database. When you install the
new version how do you get it ot upgrade and use the 5.0 database? Any pointers/help on
this would be great for the next time I have to do this.

Thanks.

Thread
Upgrading MySQL from 5.0 to 5.1samk22 Mar
  • Re: Upgrading MySQL from 5.0 to 5.1Claudio Nanni22 Mar