List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Gainty Date:March 19 2009 8:36pm
Subject:RE: why is this happening?
View as plain text
what does the master db show for processlist ?

master_mysql>show processlist

Disclaimer and confidentiality note
This message is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
we kindly ask you to  please inform the sender. Any unauthorised dissemination or copying
hereof is prohibited. This message serves for information purposes only and shall not have
any legally binding effect. Given that e-mails can easily be subject to manipulation, we
can not accept any liability for the content provided.

> Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 15:24:43 -0500
> Subject: why is this happening?
> From: jlyons4435@stripped
> To: mysql@stripped
> I have a rather odd problem with a replication slave.
> The slave has been down for a number of hours.  Of course, both io and sql
> threads are stopped - from SHOW SLAVE STATUS:
>            Slave_IO_Running: No
>           Slave_SQL_Running: No
> However, the relay logs are still being written to.  I was under the
> impression that the slave's io thread was what brought data from the
> master's bin log to the slave's relay log.  With the io thread stopped, the
> relay logs should stop filling up - right?  Mine are definitely filling up.
> Does anyonee know why the relay logs keep filling up after replication has
> broken?
> Thanks
> --
> Jim Lyons
> Web developer / Database administrator

why is this happening?Jim Lyons19 Mar
  • Re: why is this happening?David Giragosian19 Mar
  • RE: why is this happening?Martin Gainty19 Mar
  • Re: why is this happening?Claudio Nanni19 Mar
    • Re: why is this happening?Jim Lyons21 Mar
      • RE: why is this happening?Martin Gainty22 Mar