List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wm Mussatto Date:March 18 2009 7:53pm
Subject:Performance Spamassin PostgreSQL vs MySQL
View as plain text
We are using the PostgreSQL currently to store the Bayes information.  It
seems to periodically spend a lot of time 'vacumming' which of course
drives up disk load.  The system admin has adjusted it so it only does
this at low load.  I'm curious if anyone has actually tested the
PostgreSQL vs MySQL versions.  We are currently running a uniprocessor
system (Linux version 2.6.18-6-vserver-amd64 (Debian 2.6.18.dfsg.1-24).

System appears disk limited, we have the files on hardware raid 0 and have
moved nearly everything else off that set (they are the fastest drives).

Just curious.  Thanks.

Bill Mussatto
CyberStrategies, Inc.
www.csz.com

Thread
Performance Spamassin PostgreSQL vs MySQLWm Mussatto18 Mar
  • Re: Performance Spamassin PostgreSQL vs MySQLmos19 Mar
  • RE: Performance Spamassin PostgreSQL vs MySQLMiles Thompson20 Mar