List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:March 18 2009 6:33pm
Subject:Re: IBM could buy Sun?
View as plain text
John,

At 11:49 AM 3/18/2009, you wrote:
>Seems a very low valuation despite Sun's problems!

Sun stock was worth only $3 billion a few weeks ago when the stock was
around $3. Today the stock is $9 with almost 80% move today alone! IBM
should have bought it last November and saved themselves billions of dollars.

>If this goes through what do you think the future holds for MySQL and DB2?
>
>In the long term maybe this would mean some much needed decent MySQL
>support in the IBM Cognos BI suite ;)

IBM is very open source oriented so I think MySQL will definitely improve.
MySQL is so much better than DB2 for the web.

Mike

>Regards
>John
>

> > Yeah!  No kidding.  If IBM doesn't pick it up then maybe I will.  ;-p
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Lin Chun <franks1984@stripped> wrote:
> >
> >> Sun only worth 6.5 billions?
> >>
> >> --
> >> -------------------------
> >> Lin Chun

> > This email has been scanned by Netintelligence
> > http://www.netintelligence.com/email

Thread
IBM could buy Sun?mos18 Mar
  • Re: IBM could buy Sun?Facundo Garat18 Mar
  • Re: IBM could buy Sun?Lin Chun18 Mar
    • Re: IBM could buy Sun?George Larson18 Mar
      • Re: IBM could buy Sun?John Daisley18 Mar
        • Re: IBM could buy Sun?mos18 Mar
          • Re: IBM could buy Sun?Peter Brawley18 Mar