List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:jt@camalyn.org Date:March 18 2009 1:08pm
Subject:Re: JOB: linux sysadmin with good mysql skills [think really
View as plain text
On Wed, 2009-03-18 at 13:54 +0100, Claudio Nanni wrote:

> This is not a list for job posting, there are specific sites for that.
> If we consider useful a 'private' list for job postings we can ask a new
> one.
> I understand every thing about the need of a job but it can be done in a
> better way,
> I use this list to solve technical issues and as far as I know this is the
> best list on MySQL.
> You don't see this job posting as spam since it is just one,
> what about if everybody in the list start posting about jobs offer and
> request?
> So everybody is right but things can be done in the right way.

there are job sites but i don't use these as i have never found good
people and normally relies on people looking for jobs rather than being
presented with jobs. the same is true for job mailing lists too.

what about if job posts were done as i have done (but to the correct
list, general?), prefixed with JOB: both in the subject and the header
with the subject line also showing LOCATION: and SALARY: as i've done.
subscribers can quickly and easily decide what to do with the post when
it arrives in their inbox or setup a rule for any post prefixed with
JOB:?

thanks, James :)

Thread
Order in compote index & performance [ WAS: OR, IN & indexusage]Andy Leung6 May
  • Re: Order in compote index & performance [ WAS: OR, IN & indexusage]sinisa6 May
  • Re: JOB: linux sysadmin with good mysql skills [think really "mysql dba] - LOCATION: reading, berkshire, england, uk - SALARY: £40k-£55k at least!Jon Stephens17 Mar
    • Re: JOB: linux sysadmin with good mysql skills [think really"mysql dba] - LOCATION: reading, berkshire, england, uk - SALARY:£40k-£55k at least!jt@camalyn.org17 Mar
Re: JOB: linux sysadmin with good mysql skills [think really"mysql dba] - LOCATION: reading, berkshire, england, uk - SALARY:£40k-£55k at least!John Daisley17 Mar
  • Re: JOB: linux sysadmin with good mysql skills [think really "mysql dba] - LOCATION: reading, berkshire, england, uk - SALARY: £40k-£55k at least!Claudio Nanni18 Mar
    • Re: JOB: linux sysadmin with good mysql skills [think really"mysql dba] - LOCATION: reading, berkshire, england, uk - SALARY:£40k-£55k at least!jt@camalyn.org18 Mar
      • Re: JOB: linux sysadmin with good mysql skills [think really "mysql dba] - LOCATION: reading, berkshire, england, uk - SALARY: £40k-£55k at least!Ralf Wiegand18 Mar