List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Daisley Date:March 18 2009 10:32am
Subject:Re: MySQL versus PostgreSQL for GPS Data
View as plain text
Juan

I don't think it really matters, doesn't look like you'll need any
features which are only available in one or the other!

The main issue you will have is supporting the application and the RDBMS
so go for the one you are most comfortable with and can support/configure
best.

Regards
John

> Hello,
>
> I'm currently developing a program for centralizing the vehicle fleet GPS
> information -http://openggd.sourceforge.net-, written in C++.
>
> The database should have these requirements:
>
> - The schema for this kind of data consists of several arguments
> -latitude,
> longitude, time, speed. etc-, none of them is a text field.
> - The database also should create a table for every truck -around 100
> trucks-.
> - There won't be more  than 86400 * 365 rows per table -one GPS position
> every second along one year-.
> - There won't be more than 10 simultaneously read-only queries.
>
> The question is: Which DBMS do you think is the best for this kind of
> application? PostgreSQL or MySQL?
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Juan Karlos.

> This email has been scanned by Netintelligence
> http://www.netintelligence.com/email

Thread
MySQL versus PostgreSQL for GPS DataJuan Pereira18 Mar
  • Re: MySQL versus PostgreSQL for GPS DataJohn Daisley18 Mar
  • Re: MySQL versus PostgreSQL for GPS Dataewen fortune18 Mar
    • Re: MySQL versus PostgreSQL for GPS DataJim Ginn18 Mar
      • Re: MySQL versus PostgreSQL for GPS DataJuan Pereira20 Mar
        • Re: MySQL versus PostgreSQL for GPS DataJim Ginn20 Mar