List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jujitsu Lizard Date:March 17 2009 4:56pm
Subject:Re: JOB: linux sysadmin with good mysql skills [thin
k really "mysql dba] - LOCATION: reading, berkshire, england
, uk - SALARY: £40k-£55k at leas...
View as plain text
On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 12:25 PM, jt@stripped <jt@stripped> wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 17:10 +0100, Jon Stephens wrote:
> > Please don't post off-topic mails to the MySQL Cluster list.
>
> Jon hi, I couldn't see anything that read such posts were not permitted.
> That said, I have tried to present the post as clearly and informative
> as possible.  Hope people agree.
>
> If you or anyone else could let me know if such posts are permitted to
> the general MySQL list alone (the announcement/ general one) that would
> be smashing. I don't want to stir up an OT debate regarding this posting
> or to upset the list etc.
>
> thanks, James :)

James,

My suggestion is just to ignore any objections and post jobs anyway; unless
you find that there is an explicit mailing list or bulletin board for MySQL
jobs.  Here are my thoughts on that:

a)First, employment is important to most individuals.  If you happen to pair
up someone needing a job with someone needing an employee ... it raises the
quality of life for the individual who gets a job they like ... and I'm
willing waste 30 seconds of my time a week reading job postings.

b)Second, if it ends up that there isn't a better place to post MySQL jobs,
you and others posting jobs (and the minor controversey it creates) will
bring this oversight out in the open.  Then, if it doesn't already exist,
they might create a more formal mechanism for posting jobs.  In other words,
your job posting may be revealing an oversight in "the system", and I don't
see any harm in bringing attention to this oversight.

My suggestion is to continue unless you find a better MySQL-specific forum
to post these jobs ...

Dave A.

Thread
Order in compote index & performance [ WAS: OR, IN & indexusage]Andy Leung6 May
  • Re: Order in compote index & performance [ WAS: OR, IN & indexusage]sinisa6 May
  • Re: JOB: linux sysadmin with good mysql skills [think really "mysql dba] - LOCATION: reading, berkshire, england, uk - SALARY: £40k-£55k at least!Jon Stephens17 Mar
    • Re: JOB: linux sysadmin with good mysql skills [think really"mysql dba] - LOCATION: reading, berkshire, england, uk - SALARY:£40k-£55k at least!jt@camalyn.org17 Mar
Re: JOB: linux sysadmin with good mysql skills [think really"mysql dba] - LOCATION: reading, berkshire, england, uk - SALARY:£40k-£55k at least!John Daisley17 Mar
  • Re: JOB: linux sysadmin with good mysql skills [think really "mysql dba] - LOCATION: reading, berkshire, england, uk - SALARY: £40k-£55k at least!Claudio Nanni18 Mar
    • Re: JOB: linux sysadmin with good mysql skills [think really"mysql dba] - LOCATION: reading, berkshire, england, uk - SALARY:£40k-£55k at least!jt@camalyn.org18 Mar
      • Re: JOB: linux sysadmin with good mysql skills [think really "mysql dba] - LOCATION: reading, berkshire, england, uk - SALARY: £40k-£55k at least!Ralf Wiegand18 Mar