List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jon Stephens Date:March 17 2009 4:10pm
Subject:Re: JOB: linux sysadmin with good mysql s
kills [think really "mysql dba] - LOCATION: rea
ding, berkshire, england, uk - SALARY: £40k-£
55k at le...
View as plain text
Please don't post off-topic mails to the MySQL Cluster list.

Thanks you.

jt@stripped wrote:
> JOB:
>
> Dear Subscribers,
>
> I am an open source recruiter working with an established company in
> Reading (Berkshire, UK) that are hiring a Linux sysadmin, preferably
> with CentOS or Red Hat experience (although this is not essential) that
> has good MySQL database administration skills, other DB skills, e.g.
> Oracle are not a substitute as the focus is on someone who can improve
> the client's existing MySQL related-systems. It is possible (although
> not guaranteed) that this job may "in time" develop into more of a
> database architect type role rather than remain a sysadmin/ DBA.
>
> The client run a mixture of MySQL 4.1 and 5.0 community edition. In
> terms of the number of high transactional servers, we are looking at
> high 30s. They do use MySQL replication but not clustering at this
> time.
>
>>From experience, I'd expect "this role" to pay a base of between
> £40k-£55k plus benefits. That said, it is always possible that an
> employer may pay more and I have previously recruited a MySQL DBA onto a
> base salary higher than £55k before (although that was London and not
> Reading).
>
> I actively recruit for MySQL Database Administrator/ Architect types
> roles across London and surrounding areas (Berkshire, Bucks, Cambridge,
> Oxford, Kent etc) and also work with some employers in Europe (Germany,
> Holland, Italy etc) and the United States so I welcome making contact
> with people that may have interest in roles in locations other than the
> UK too. . . .
>
> Consequently should anybody be interested in discussing with me further,
> please contact me off-list using james@stripped
>
> All the best,
> JAMES
>
>>> to learn more about Camalyn please visit http://www.camalyn.org

Jon Stephens - jon.stephens@stripped
Technical Writer
MySQL Documentation Team
Sun Microsystems AB
MySQL and Software Infrastructure Group
Liljeholmen (Stockholm), Sweden
Summer: UTC +02.00 / Winter: UTC +01.00
Mobile: +46 (0) 736 773 993
Skype: plastic-fish
MySQL: www.mysql.com
Sun: www.sun.com

Thread
Order in compote index & performance [ WAS: OR, IN & indexusage]Andy Leung6 May
  • Re: Order in compote index & performance [ WAS: OR, IN & indexusage]sinisa6 May
  • Re: JOB: linux sysadmin with good mysql skills [think really "mysql dba] - LOCATION: reading, berkshire, england, uk - SALARY: £40k-£55k at least!Jon Stephens17 Mar
    • Re: JOB: linux sysadmin with good mysql skills [think really"mysql dba] - LOCATION: reading, berkshire, england, uk - SALARY:£40k-£55k at least!jt@camalyn.org17 Mar
Re: JOB: linux sysadmin with good mysql skills [think really"mysql dba] - LOCATION: reading, berkshire, england, uk - SALARY:£40k-£55k at least!John Daisley17 Mar
  • Re: JOB: linux sysadmin with good mysql skills [think really "mysql dba] - LOCATION: reading, berkshire, england, uk - SALARY: £40k-£55k at least!Claudio Nanni18 Mar
    • Re: JOB: linux sysadmin with good mysql skills [think really"mysql dba] - LOCATION: reading, berkshire, england, uk - SALARY:£40k-£55k at least!jt@camalyn.org18 Mar
      • Re: JOB: linux sysadmin with good mysql skills [think really "mysql dba] - LOCATION: reading, berkshire, england, uk - SALARY: £40k-£55k at least!Ralf Wiegand18 Mar