List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Perrin Harkins Date:March 13 2009 6:40pm
Subject:Re: Select query locks tables in Innodb
View as plain text
2009/3/12 Carl <carl@stripped>:
> I am still a little puzzled about how we could have a relatively large set
> of records (100,000+) and yet not cause any table to be locked as the server
> has only 8GB of memory.

What's the relationship you're implying between memory and locking?
Multi-version concurrency doesn't necessarily mean the older versions
that are being read from have to be entirely in memory.

> InnoDB will lock on a query that doesn't use an index.

It shouldn't lock on a SELECT query, regardless of the indexes involved.

- Perrin
Thread
Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl3 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbBrent Baisley3 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbBaron Schwartz3 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbPerrin Harkins3 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl4 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl4 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbPerrin Harkins4 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl4 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl4 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbBaron Schwartz4 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbBaron Schwartz4 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl4 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbBaron Schwartz5 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl5 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl12 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbBrent Baisley12 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbPerrin Harkins13 Mar
  • Re: <Solved> Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl25 Mar