List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Claudio Nanni Date:March 13 2009 3:19am
Subject:Re: Replica questions
View as plain text

> If you are finding replication stops after a reboot then I think you have a
> serious problem, but don't know what that might be. Post some more info and
> someone on the list can probably help,
>
> just a 'skip-slave-start' in my.cnf does the trick.

2> Is there a way to get a slave to automatically re-connect as the
slave without having to know the masters binlog and position?  Each
time it reboots I have to manually add it back in with the change
master to ... command.

if you do NOT have 'skip-slave-start' in the my.cnf replication starts
automatically,
what is the output of SHOW SLAVE STATUS\G after a reboot?
if you do not have an empty set and SQL and IO thread are NOT running you
probably have 'skip-slave-start' in the config file.

Claudio

Thread
Replica questionsBryan Irvine12 Mar
  • Re: Replica questionsRob Wultsch12 Mar
  • Re: Replica questionsCui Shijun12 Mar
    • Re: Replica questionsBaron Schwartz12 Mar
      • Re: Replica questionsBryan Irvine12 Mar
        • Re: Replica questionsRob Wultsch12 Mar
          • Re: Replica questionsBryan Irvine12 Mar
            • Re: Replica questionsAndy Smith12 Mar
              • Re: Replica questionsClaudio Nanni13 Mar
            • Re: Replica questionsAndy Smith12 Mar