List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bryan Irvine Date:March 12 2009 6:02pm
Subject:Re: Replica questions
View as plain text
The information is there and the replica can connect on a reboot but
only if that information has not changed correct?

e.g. I reboot the slave, and on the master just run "reset master;"
the bin.000001 could change to bin.000002 and the pos change from 98
to 15443 or some such.  If I do that do I then need to re-run the "set
master to" statements when the slave comes back up? or can that be
handled automatically?

-Bryan

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Rob Wultsch <wultsch@stripped> wrote:
> When you start up replication the data should be recorded in the
> master.info in your data dir.
>
> [root@someserver ~]# cat /var/lib/mysqldata/master.info
> 14
> MASTERHOST-bin.000001
> MASTERPOS
> 192.168.0.2
> REPLICATION_USER
> REPLICATION_PASSWORD
> 3306
> 60
> 0
>
> I am not familiar with any setups where the master.info would not be
> created, and I am too lazy too look for a setting that would lead to
> such an silly/annoying state.
>
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Bryan Irvine <sparctacus@stripped> wrote:
>> Do I jsut need to monitor better and manually add it should the log
>> and pos change?
>>
>> -Bryan
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 7:05 PM, Baron Schwartz <baron@stripped> wrote:
>>> That's deprecated too :-)

> restart the server.
>>>

>> --

> Rob Wultsch
> wultsch@stripped
> wultsch (aim)

Thread
Replica questionsBryan Irvine12 Mar
  • Re: Replica questionsRob Wultsch12 Mar
  • Re: Replica questionsCui Shijun12 Mar
    • Re: Replica questionsBaron Schwartz12 Mar
      • Re: Replica questionsBryan Irvine12 Mar
        • Re: Replica questionsRob Wultsch12 Mar
          • Re: Replica questionsBryan Irvine12 Mar
            • Re: Replica questionsAndy Smith12 Mar
              • Re: Replica questionsClaudio Nanni13 Mar
            • Re: Replica questionsAndy Smith12 Mar