List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Cui Shijun Date:March 12 2009 1:17am
Subject:Re: Replica questions
View as plain text
hi,
  #2.  try adding the information of master into my.cnf then restart the server.
  thanks

2009/3/12 Bryan Irvine <sparctacus@stripped>:
> I've got 2 questions about my newly set up master->slave replica.
>
> 1> When I run "load data from master;" I get an error that I do not
> have RELOAD privileges and then it boots the slave offline.
> I've run GRANT SELECT, PROCESS, FILE, SUPER, REPLICATION CLIENT,
> REPLICATION SLAVE, RELOAD ON *.* TO root@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
> flush privileges;
>
> but it still does the same thing.
>

> 2> Is there a way to get a slave to automatically re-connect as the
> slave without having to know the masters binlog and position?  Each
> time it reboots I have to manually add it back in with the change
> master to ... command.
>
> TIA
>
> -Bryan

Replica questionsBryan Irvine12 Mar
  • Re: Replica questionsRob Wultsch12 Mar
  • Re: Replica questionsCui Shijun12 Mar
    • Re: Replica questionsBaron Schwartz12 Mar
      • Re: Replica questionsBryan Irvine12 Mar
        • Re: Replica questionsRob Wultsch12 Mar
          • Re: Replica questionsBryan Irvine12 Mar
            • Re: Replica questionsAndy Smith12 Mar
              • Re: Replica questionsClaudio Nanni13 Mar
            • Re: Replica questionsAndy Smith12 Mar