List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bryan Irvine Date:March 11 2009 11:03pm
Subject:Replica questions
View as plain text
I've got 2 questions about my newly set up master->slave replica.

1> When I run "load data from master;" I get an error that I do not
have RELOAD privileges and then it boots the slave offline.
I've run GRANT SELECT, PROCESS, FILE, SUPER, REPLICATION CLIENT,
REPLICATION SLAVE, RELOAD ON *.* TO root@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
flush privileges;

but it still does the same thing.

2> Is there a way to get a slave to automatically re-connect as the
slave without having to know the masters binlog and position?  Each
time it reboots I have to manually add it back in with the change
master to ... command.

TIA

-Bryan
Thread
Replica questionsBryan Irvine12 Mar
  • Re: Replica questionsRob Wultsch12 Mar
  • Re: Replica questionsCui Shijun12 Mar
    • Re: Replica questionsBaron Schwartz12 Mar
      • Re: Replica questionsBryan Irvine12 Mar
        • Re: Replica questionsRob Wultsch12 Mar
          • Re: Replica questionsBryan Irvine12 Mar
            • Re: Replica questionsAndy Smith12 Mar
              • Re: Replica questionsClaudio Nanni13 Mar
            • Re: Replica questionsAndy Smith12 Mar