List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ken Menzel Date:March 11 2009 1:31pm
Subject:Re: BSD/OS and 5.1
View as plain text  
Hi Dave,
    There is not enough information here to know if your test is failing 
or your compile is bad.  Did the compile complete without errors?  What 
version of BSD/OS are you using there are many versions and varieties. 
Most of them have a package system with per-built binaries, I would 
really suggest trying those first.

Hope this helps,
Ken

Dave Shariff Yadallee - System Administrator a.k.a. The Root of the 
Problem wrote:
> I mean MySQL 5.1
> 
> I compile MySQL 5.1.32 and on tests I got
> 
>  gmake -k test
> cd unittest && gmake test
> gmake[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/contrib/mysql/mysql-5.1.32/unittest'
> perl unit.pl run mytap mysys  ../storage/archive ../storage/blackhole ../storage/csv
> ../storage/example ../storage/federated ../storage/heap ../storage/myisam
> ../storage/myisammrg   ../plugin/daemon_example ../plugin/fulltext
> Running tests: mytap mysys ../storage/archive ../storage/blackhole ../storage/csv
> ../storage/example ../storage/federated ../storage/heap ../storage/myisam
> ../storage/myisammrg ../plugin/daemon_example ../plugin/fulltext
> mytap/t/basic-t......Useless use of string in void context at -e line 1.
> mytap/t/basic-t...... No subtests run
> mysys/bitmap-t.......Useless use of string in void context at -e line 1.
> mysys/bitmap-t....... No subtests run
> mysys/base64-t.......Useless use of string in void context at -e line 1.
> mysys/base64-t....... No subtests run
> mysys/my_atomic-t....Useless use of string in void context at -e line 1.
> mysys/my_atomic-t.... No subtests run
> 
> Test Summary Report
> -------------------
> mytap/t/basic-t  (Wstat: 0 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
>   Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
> mysys/bitmap-t   (Wstat: 0 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
>   Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
> mysys/base64-t   (Wstat: 0 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
>   Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
> mysys/my_atomic-t (Wstat: 0 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
>   Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
> Files=4, Tests=0,  1 wallclock secs ( 0.07 usr  0.10 sys +  0.00 cusr  0.10 csys
>  =  0.27 CPU)
> Result: FAIL
> Failed 4/4 test programs. 0/0 subtests failed.
> gmake[1]: *** [test] Error 255
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/contrib/mysql/mysql-5.1.32/unittest'
> gmake: *** [test-unit] Error 2
> cd mysql-test ; \
>             /usr/bin/perl ./mysql-test-run.pl   --mysqld=--binlog-format=mixed
> Logging: ./mysql-test-run.pl  --mysqld=--binlog-format=mixed
> 090310 10:53:13 [ERROR] Fatal error: Please read "Security" section of the manual to
> find out how to run mysqld as root!
> 
> 090310 10:53:13 [ERROR] Aborting
> 
> mysql-test-run: *** ERROR: Could not find version of MySQL
> gmake: *** [test-ns] Error 1
> cd mysql-test ; \
>             /usr/bin/perl ./mysql-test-run.pl   --ps-protocol
> --mysqld=--binlog-format=row
> Logging: ./mysql-test-run.pl  --ps-protocol --mysqld=--binlog-format=row
> 090310 10:53:14 [ERROR] Fatal error: Please read "Security" section of the manual to
> find out how to run mysqld as root!
> 
> 090310 10:53:14 [ERROR] Aborting
> 
> mysql-test-run: *** ERROR: Could not find version of MySQL
> gmake: *** [test-pr] Error 1
> gmake: Target `test' not remade because of errors.             
> 
> Is this safe to deploy or are patches going to be needed?
> 

Thread
BSD/OS and 5.1Dave Shariff Yadallee -  System Administrator a.k.a. The Root of the Problem10 Mar
  • Re: BSD/OS and 5.1Ken Menzel11 Mar