List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tom Brown Date:March 11 2009 11:21am
Subject:Re: Securing MySQL on Mac OSX
View as plain text

> It mentions that root in MySQL has nothing to do with the root of Mac
> OSX, but I need to know if MySQL being unprotected in this way has
> opened a door for hackers.

it means that they can do whatever they want to the mysql db's without
being prompted for a password. This does not mean that your box has open
root access to the OS but its not good practice to have mysql as open as
that

Thread
Securing MySQL on Mac OSXMatthew Stuart11 Mar
  • Re: Securing MySQL on Mac OSXTom Brown11 Mar