List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Darryle Steplight Date:March 10 2009 2:47pm
Subject:Re: When will MySQL support array datatype?
View as plain text
Moon,
     I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do, but why don't you
just serialize() or json_encode() your data into a column?

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 9:35 AM, Moon's Father
<yueliangdao0608@stripped> wrote:
> Thanks for your fast reply.
> Then only temporary table can simulate array datatype.
>
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 3:12 AM, Claudio Nanni <claudio.nanni@stripped>wrote:
>
>> Complex datatypes are not compatible with the concept of relational
>> databases,
>> probably you want to refer to an Object-Oriented DBMS or Object-Relational
>> DBMS.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Claudio Nanni
>>

>> Moon's Father wrote:
>>
>>> Hi.
>>>   Who could tell me when the MySQL support array datatype?
>>> Any reply will be appreciated.
>>>

> --
> I'm a MySQL DBA in china.
> More about me just visit here:
> http://yueliangdao0608.cublog.cn

Thread
When will MySQL support array datatype?Moon's Father15 Feb
  • Re: When will MySQL support array datatype?Martijn Tonies15 Feb
  • Re: When will MySQL support array datatype?Claudio Nanni15 Feb
    • Re: When will MySQL support array datatype?Moon's Father10 Mar
      • Re: When will MySQL support array datatype?Darryle Steplight10 Mar
  • Re: When will MySQL support array datatype?Andrew Garner10 Mar