List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Matthew Stuart Date:March 9 2009 5:42pm
Subject:Upgrading
View as plain text
Hi all, I am on... wait for it... version 4.0.25 and I want to upgrade
to MySQL 5.x

Is there anything special I should do in order to upgrade? Do I need
to uninstall v4 or can I just download the most current version and
double click to upgrade? I am not particularly hardcore mysql minded,
and quite honestly, if it ain't broke don't fix it is a good mantra of
mine... but I need to move on now as I have received an sql file that
is v5 compatible but not v4 compatible.

Once I have it up and running I'll be fine, it's just that I am
nervous about upgrading and consequently breaking it, and at that
point, I'll be struggling to put it right.

Any advice on how I can best do this / best practices etc will be very
much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Mat
Thread