List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:buford Date:March 7 2009 7:08pm
Subject:Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged table
View as plain text

>>> Usually when concurrent insert is not permitted, it's because there
>>> are holes in the table that cause inserts to go somewhere other than
>>> at the end of the table.
>> ...ran
>> REPAIR, OPTIMIZE, and FLUSH TABLES. ... Had to dump the data base, drop
>> it, and then recreate it in order to get concurrent selects working
>> again."
>
> Another way to find out whether this is the problem (yes, I know, you
> already answered this question ;-) is to set concurrent_insert=2 (see
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/concurrent-inserts.html ).

Hey thanks for pointing out that. After reading the "=2", I recall having
skimmed over that section a while ago and forgotten about it. Sounds
promising. I'll try it and report back.

Thread
Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford25 Feb
  • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tableJohan De Meersman25 Feb
    • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford26 Feb
      • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablemos26 Feb
        • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford28 Feb
        • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford6 Mar
          • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tableBaron Schwartz6 Mar
            • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablemos6 Mar
            • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford7 Mar
              • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tableBaron Schwartz7 Mar
                • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford7 Mar
                • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford11 Mar