List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:March 7 2009 6:33pm
Subject:Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged table
View as plain text
On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 12:10 PM,  <buford@stripped> wrote:
>>> Is there a way I can restore the concurrent select feature to a working
>>> state without having to shut down the server and rebuild the entire data
>>> base?
>>
>> Usually when concurrent insert is not permitted, it's because there
>> are holes in the table that cause inserts to go somewhere other than
>> at the end of the table.
>>

> Thanks for the suggestion, but apparently you missed the preceding
> sentence in my post, which said, "...I unpacked the table, even ran
> REPAIR, OPTIMIZE, and FLUSH TABLES. ... Had to dump the data base, drop
> it, and then recreate it in order to get concurrent selects working
> again."

No, I saw it.  I was just commenting that this is the usual reason why
it doesn't work.  I should have been clearer about that.

Another way to find out whether this is the problem (yes, I know, you
already answered this question ;-) is to set concurrent_insert=2 (see
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/concurrent-inserts.html ).
Thread
Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford25 Feb
  • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tableJohan De Meersman25 Feb
    • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford26 Feb
      • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablemos26 Feb
        • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford28 Feb
        • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford6 Mar
          • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tableBaron Schwartz6 Mar
            • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablemos6 Mar
            • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford7 Mar
              • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tableBaron Schwartz7 Mar
                • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford7 Mar
                • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford11 Mar