List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:March 6 2009 4:37pm
Subject:Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged table
View as plain text
At 08:54 PM 3/5/2009, Baron Schwartz wrote:
> > Is there a way I can restore the concurrent select feature to a working
> > state without having to shut down the server and rebuild the entire data
> > base?
>
>Usually when concurrent insert is not permitted, it's because there
>are holes in the table that cause inserts to go somewhere other than
>at the end of the table.

So if Baron is right. then just run "optimize table1, table2,...tablen" to
get rid of the holes.

See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/optimize-table.html

Mike

Thread
Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford25 Feb
  • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tableJohan De Meersman25 Feb
    • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford26 Feb
      • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablemos26 Feb
        • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford28 Feb
        • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford6 Mar
          • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tableBaron Schwartz6 Mar
            • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablemos6 Mar
            • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford7 Mar
              • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tableBaron Schwartz7 Mar
                • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford7 Mar
                • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford11 Mar