List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:buford Date:March 6 2009 1:56am
Subject:Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged table
View as plain text
> At 07:38 PM 2/25/2009, you wrote:
>

>> > not sure, though, feel free to report test results
>>
>>Results not good so far. I created a big load file by creating a list of
>>all the files on my server (using "find / -printf ...). and appending
>> that
>
> This bug was reported back in 2006 and should have been fixed by now. What
> version of MySQL are you using?

All right. I upgraded to 5.0.67 and concurrent selects basically work as
advertised, even with a merged table.

However, then I tried compressing one of the constituent union table set.
That killed the concurrent select feature. Just stopped working.

Then I couldn't undo it. That is, I unpacked the table, even ran repair,
optimize, and flush tables. Could recover to the concurrent select working
again. Had to dump the data base, drop it, and then recreate it in order
to get concurrent selects working again.

I did this as a test because I am tasked with implementing concurrent
selects in an existing system where in fact for a time compressed tables
were used.

Is there a way I can restore the concurrent select feature to a working
state without having to shut down the server and rebuild the entire data
base?

Thread
Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford25 Feb
  • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tableJohan De Meersman25 Feb
    • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford26 Feb
      • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablemos26 Feb
        • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford28 Feb
        • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford6 Mar
          • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tableBaron Schwartz6 Mar
            • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablemos6 Mar
            • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford7 Mar
              • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tableBaron Schwartz7 Mar
                • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford7 Mar
                • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford11 Mar