List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:March 4 2009 7:30pm
Subject:Re: Select query locks tables in Innodb
View as plain text
Carl,

Locked status in SHOW PROCESSLIST and a table being locked are
different.  There is a bug in MySQL that shows Locked status for
queries accessing InnoDB tables in some cases.  What version of MySQL
are you using?

The table is not really locked, you're just seeing that as a side
effect of whatever's really happening.

Baron

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 2:01 PM, Carl <carl@stripped> wrote:
> I did check that all tables are Innodb.
>
> I was using the Navicat Server Monitor because I know that when I see the
> monitor reporting a status of locked during an attempted query, that user
> comes to a complete halt until the lock is cleared (usually by the bad query
> finishing.)
Thread
Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl3 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbBrent Baisley3 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbBaron Schwartz3 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbPerrin Harkins3 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl4 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl4 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbPerrin Harkins4 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl4 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl4 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbBaron Schwartz4 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbBaron Schwartz4 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl4 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbBaron Schwartz5 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl5 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl12 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbBrent Baisley12 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbPerrin Harkins13 Mar
  • Re: <Solved> Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl25 Mar