List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Perrin Harkins Date:March 4 2009 6:49pm
Subject:Re: Select query locks tables in Innodb
View as plain text
2009/3/4 Carl <carl@stripped>:
> However, when I had all the pieces in the query
> (copy attached), I could easily see it was locking tables using the Server
> Monitor in Navicat.

I don't know what that is, but I think you'd better look at something
closer to the bone, like SHOW INNODB STATUS.

> Explain (copy as text and copy as Excel attached) seems to indicate that it
> is fairly good although the first step does get quite a few rows.

EXPLAIN isn't really relevant to table locking.  InnoDB tables should
never let readers block writers for a simple SELECT.

> Does anyone have any ideas?

Did you check that your tables are InnoDB?  Are you running some kind
of crazy isolation level?

- Perrin
Thread
Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl3 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbBrent Baisley3 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbBaron Schwartz3 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbPerrin Harkins3 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl4 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl4 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbPerrin Harkins4 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl4 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl4 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbBaron Schwartz4 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbBaron Schwartz4 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl4 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbBaron Schwartz5 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl5 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl12 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbBrent Baisley12 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbPerrin Harkins13 Mar
  • Re: <Solved> Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl25 Mar