List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:dbrb2002-sql Date:March 4 2009 6:49pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Log and Data directories
View as plain text
Lets say HP Modular Storage/Smart Array..

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/storage/disk_storage/msa_diskarrays/san_arrays/index.html

From: Chaim Rieger <chaim.rieger@stripped>
To: "Michael Dykman" <mdykman@stripped>
Cc: dbrb2002-sql@stripped, mysql@stripped
Date: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 10:31 AM

Michael Dykman wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 1:22 PM,  <dbrb2002-sql@stripped> wrote:
>> On a high read/write load.. is it good to split log (binlogs, innodb txn logs)
> and data (all tables, innodb tablespace) in different partitions ?
>>
>> Anybody had any experience ?
>>
>> For example; out of 25 disks array with 142GB 10000rpm... I would like to keep
> few disks to logs and rest to data .. is it advised or better to keep everything in spool
> so that all spindles can be efficiently managed...
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>

> You most certainly can get enhanced performance by putting your bin
> log and transaction logs onto  separate spindles..  Separate
> partitions on the same physical device will be of little-to-no-value.
> For systems like Oracle or DB2, this is part of the standard
> installation drill.  ON MySQL, I do not do this routinely, but I do
> when I am expecting high, sustained loads,

what kind of storage are you using ?
we do this on netapp.

Thread
MySQL Log and Data directoriesdbrb2002-sql4 Mar
  • Re: MySQL Log and Data directoriesMichael Dykman4 Mar
    • Re: MySQL Log and Data directoriesChaim Rieger4 Mar
  • Re: MySQL Log and Data directoriesBaron Schwartz4 Mar
Re: MySQL Log and Data directoriesdbrb2002-sql4 Mar
Re: MySQL Log and Data directoriesdbrb2002-sql7 Mar
  • Re: MySQL Log and Data directoriesBaron Schwartz7 Mar