List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:March 3 2009 10:50pm
Subject:Re: Select query locks tables in Innodb
View as plain text
On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Brent Baisley <brenttech@stripped> wrote:
> A SELECT will/can lock a table. It almost always does in MyISAM (no
> insert/updates), almost never does in InnoDB. There is an exception to
> every rule. The problem is most likely in the 107488 rows part of the
> query. That's too many rows for InnoDB to keep a version history on so
> it's likely just locking the table.

InnoDB does not do lock escalation a la SQL Server etc.  I'd look at
Perrin's suggestions, I think they are likely to be the problem.

More importantly, what is the query? :-)
Thread
Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl3 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbBrent Baisley3 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbBaron Schwartz3 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbPerrin Harkins3 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl4 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl4 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbPerrin Harkins4 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl4 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl4 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbBaron Schwartz4 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbBaron Schwartz4 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl4 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbBaron Schwartz5 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl5 Mar
  • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl12 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbBrent Baisley12 Mar
    • Re: Select query locks tables in InnodbPerrin Harkins13 Mar
  • Re: <Solved> Select query locks tables in InnodbCarl25 Mar