List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Daisley Date:March 2 2009 11:02pm
Subject:Re: && vs AND
View as plain text
Never seen && used with MySQL, does it really work???

As for other RDBMS, I reckon its likely to cause problems in Oracle as
&& is used for session substitution variables in SQL*Plus.

John Daisley
Email: john.daisley@stripped
Mobile: 07812 451238

MySQL Certified Database Administrator (CMDBA)
MySQL Certified Developer (CMDEV)
MySQL Certified Associate (CMA)
Comptia A+ Certified Professional IT Technician

On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 13:04 -0800, Daevid Vincent wrote:

> Someone sent me a huge SQL query today that used "&&" instead of "AND"
> all over the place. I was a bit surprised that it is legal mySQL, but I
> was always under the impression that is not proper. Can anyone confirm
> or deny this? Like will ALL SQL RDBMS support that syntax?
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/logical-operators.html

> This email has been scanned by Netintelligence
> http://www.netintelligence.com/email

Thread
&& vs ANDDaevid Vincent2 Mar
  • RE: && vs ANDMartin Gainty2 Mar