List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Gainty Date:March 2 2009 9:42pm
Subject:RE: && vs AND
View as plain text
there is no && character matrix supported in the SQL92 spec located at

http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~shadow/sql/sql1992.txt

also there is no Truth Table for && but there IS a truth table for AND
conditionals.

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
any party other than intended recipient. Sender does not necessarily endorse content
contained within this transmission.

> Subject: && vs AND
> From: daevid@stripped
> To: mysql@stripped
> Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 13:04:32 -0800
>
> Someone sent me a huge SQL query today that used "&&" instead of "AND"
> all over the place. I was a bit surprised that it is legal mySQL, but I
> was always under the impression that is not proper. Can anyone confirm
> or deny this? Like will ALL SQL RDBMS support that syntax?
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/logical-operators.html

Windows Live™ Contacts: Organize your contact list.
&& vs ANDDaevid Vincent2 Mar
  • RE: && vs ANDMartin Gainty2 Mar
  • Re: && vs ANDJohn Daisley3 Mar
    • Re: && vs ANDJim Lyons3 Mar