List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:buford Date:February 28 2009 3:46pm
Subject:Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged table
View as plain text
> At 07:38 PM 2/25/2009, you wrote:
>

>> > not sure, though, feel free to report test results
>>
>>Results not good so far. I created a big load file
>>Then I did a LOAD DATA CONCURRENT INFILE 'my_big_file'...
>>
>>While that was running, I ran a SELECT COUNT(*) query in another session.
>>The latter was blocked until the former finished every time.
>>
>>Looks like the concurrent select thing described in the documentation
>>doesn't even work as advertised for even this simple case.
>
> What happens if you do a "Select * from table limit 10"?
>
> This bug was reported back in 2006 and should have been fixed by now. What
> version of MySQL are you using?

Thanks for that link. My test was on version 5.0.27. Is that prior to the
fix?

Thread
Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford25 Feb
  • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tableJohan De Meersman25 Feb
    • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford26 Feb
      • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablemos26 Feb
        • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford28 Feb
        • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford6 Mar
          • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tableBaron Schwartz6 Mar
            • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablemos6 Mar
            • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford7 Mar
              • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tableBaron Schwartz7 Mar
                • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford7 Mar
                • Re: Concurrent Inserts with merged tablebuford11 Mar