List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Cui Shijun Date:February 28 2009 11:15am
Subject:Re: Does binlog stay in memory when replication happens?
View as plain text
hi,
  Thank you for your reply :-)

> What does replication have to do with it?
I wonder whether mysql will copy its binlog from memory( if it exists
) then send to slave. I haven't refer to the source codes yet...

> Slave's binlog?  The slave's binlog is not tied to the master's
> binlog.  I am not sure you understand clearly how replication works.
Yes. I am confused by binlog & RELAY log. Given the data which is
replicated only, will the content( at least SQL ) of the two logs be
the same?

> Again I'm not sure what you are really asking.  You might be looking
> for the Google synchronous replication patches.  Do a web search for
> those and read up on what they offer.
It helps :-)
Thread
Does binlog stay in memory when replication happens?Cui Shijun27 Feb
  • Re: Does binlog stay in memory when replication happens?Baron Schwartz27 Feb
    • Re: Does binlog stay in memory when replication happens?Cui Shijun28 Feb